[imp] Re: cramming together

Karolis Dautartas list at public.lt
Thu Mar 17 23:24:24 PST 2005

MMS> Quoting li at elaboratio.com:

>> sorry michael,
>>
>> I only write to your email because I don't want to increase the stuff about
>> "ugly view in firefox" ect on the mainglist.
>>

>> But I think you are wrong!
>>

>> Even it is a Mozilla/Firefox issue, what will I tell to my customers?

MMS> That it is a Mozilla/Firefox issue.  It doesn't prevent anyone from
MMS> using IMP with Firefox at all - it is just a bit annoying.

>> "please download the latest firefox release" - They even know what
>> this means!!!!
>>
>> Tried to change sorce code such as including "width" for the message
>> List table
>> and other things
>> without  success
>>

>> BTW: many times your *one* line comment is helpful, but for beginners
>> it isn't!
>>

MMS> It was a one liner because this same point has come up *numerous* times
MMS> on the list.  And I have previously sent the message "this topic has
MMS> come up numerous times on the list" numerous times.  we just get
MMS> frustrated after we answer the same questions over and over and over.

I wonder whether you would still say the same if the issue occured
with IE, not Firefox. Firefox is a widely used browser, and a good
idea would be to get it working on that browser instead of repeating
that it has bugs. Customers don't care about which side has bugs. They
want to read their email. If you had IMP working with firefox, it would
only make IMP better...

Karolis