[imp] Re: cramming together

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Mar 18 20:12:37 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 20:45 +0200, Karolis Dautartas wrote:

> geeeze you guys really need a vacation. First of all, did I insult
> someone with my comment? NO, I just posted a short comment about what
> I think of all this firefox bug issue that is comming into my mailbox
> last months. I just wanted to say that the phrases "it is not our bug",
> "it is [firefox | php | c-client | etc] bug" should not be abused
> so much, that's all. And I mean it.  Jan took it like a personal
> insult, which I think is paranoid, but that is OK with me. Now
> everyone will read those messages and analyze whether I had a right to
> post that comment and whether Jan's reply was rude. Who cares? Maybe
> he had a bad day or something. Maybe I did. It is all my fault, OK?
> Please accept my appologies, next time I will think for 1.00 seconds
> before posting.
---
it's not personal unless you choose to make it personal.

It appeared that it was the manner with which you insisted that they
(horde developers) were wrong for not trying to fix the problem.

- they were aware of the problem
- they researched ways to fix it
- they discovered that the problem is fixed in CVS version of Firefox
  certain to be fixed sooner or later in Firefox - probably next release
  so there was little incentive to develop a 'work around' for something
  that would ultimately fix itself
- of course, if you wanted to offer code to fix the problem, I'm certain
  that they would look at it.

Suggesting that Jan took it as a personal insult is something that you
are in no position to judge - he let his displeasure be known that you
decided to spout your opinion without gathering the facts (i.e.
searching the archives).

If you look at the utility of the mozilla sidebar versus the methodology
employed in other browsers, you will see that much time and
consideration has been given to specific browser implementations.

Finally - just a thought...

you should familiarize yourself with

I believe that it covers this exact scenario

Welcome to horde - it's a great project and I have yet to see anyone
respond in a manner that wasn't appropriate - clearly his wasn't
inappropriate response - it was a response that demonstrated a lack of
patience. Perhaps you learned something in the process.

Craig