[imp] Re: cramming together

Karolis Dautartas list at public.lt
Fri Mar 18 10:45:11 PST 2005

ER> Quoting Alain Fauconnet <alain at ait.ac.th>:

>> On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 09:49:31AM +0100, Jan Schneider wrote:
>> > Zitat von Karolis Dautartas <list at public.lt>:

ER> [...]

ER> He would have said the same thing about IE, Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox,
ER> what ever.  You can bank on that.

ER> It was stated that this bug is already fixed in CVS of the browser, and will
ER> be gone in the next release of the browser.  Microsoft usually doesn't
ER> fix bugs like that by the way.  That's a great thing about non-MS software;
ER> they actually care enough to fix bugs.

>> > Please think a second before you write such crap.

ER> While a bit rude, it does apply.

>> Jan, you need some vacation. Why don't you take a rest from the list
>> for a few weeks?

ER> Because he is one of the few trying to help people, and if he did, people
ER> would have to go without help.  Do you really want that?

>> Usually, your input is very helpful and your slaps
>> most of the time justified. But this time he's got an excellent point.

ER> No, he doesn't.

>> The fact that he hasn't read the archives doesn't change the issue a
>> bit. IMP is full of IE bug work-arounds, like Apache and a zillion
>> other open-source programs. Why wouldn't that apply to Firefox as
>> well? I know, I know... submit a patch. That'd be an acceptable reply.
>> But yours wasn't.

ER> While slightly rude, it was acceptable.  In fact, most of the developers tend
ER> to supply slightly rude responses.  I don't care for that, but it is a fact of
ER> life in the Horde project and has been since I became involved with
ER> Horde 5 years ago.

ER> You fail to consider two very important facts here:

ER> * Many browser bug work arounds are there because the browser bug will not
ER>   ever be fixed, so it has to be worked around.  In this case, the bug
ER>   is being fixed.
ER> * Many browser bug work arounds are there because they are easy to fix.  This
ER>   one isn't easy to fix.

geeeze you guys really need a vacation. First of all, did I insult
someone with my comment? NO, I just posted a short comment about what
I think of all this firefox bug issue that is comming into my mailbox
last months. I just wanted to say that the phrases "it is not our bug",
"it is [firefox | php | c-client | etc] bug" should not be abused
so much, that's all. And I mean it.  Jan took it like a personal
insult, which I think is paranoid, but that is OK with me. Now
everyone will read those messages and analyze whether I had a right to
post that comment and whether Jan's reply was rude. Who cares? Maybe
he had a bad day or something. Maybe I did. It is all my fault, OK?
Please accept my appologies, next time I will think for 1.00 seconds
before posting.

Karolis