[imp] Re: Extremely weird IMAP behaviour - IMP or c-client problem?

Eli eli-list at experthost.com
Mon Mar 21 09:30:04 PST 2005

Joseph wrote:
> Yes that is weird.  Given this...
>
>  LIST (\NoInferiors) NIL INBOX
>
> ...it makes no sense at all to ask LIST "" INBOX/%.  The
> server already said there are no inferiors.  IMP does not
> normally do this.

So I've noticed with other IMAP daemons.  I only wish switching IMAP
programs was as simple as flicking a switch right now :(

> But even if the client wrongly does LIST "" INBOX/% anyway,
> the response from the server makes no sense either.  Now
> that I see all that above, it looks like there is just one
> INBOX.
>
> I can't explain why the client or server is acting like this.

Damn - any idea where I could even begin a possible fix?  I know PHP very
well (though tracing through other peoples code isnt' easy - I can do it) so
I could possibly figure something out given time.  I just don't know what
file or where to start with IMP/Horde - too much code that I didn't write.
I enabled full debug logging in Horde and it didn't help at all to find out
where this problem could be.

Also, compiling c-client/PHP without IMAP SSL support didn't make a lick of
difference.  It just seems like IMP/c-client and SmartMax IMAP don't like
one another at all.  As to whether it's c-client itself that doesn't like it
or IMP, I don't know.  All I know is I really need this problem fixed and
would be willing to go some lengths to fix it.

Eli.