[imp] Re: IMP 4.X, compose window addressbook source question

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Mar 30 09:55:18 PST 2005

> I see where you're coming from, but I'm having a hard time getting past
> the fact that for some people this would mean making unavailable
> functionality that *is* what they want. Perhaps we should just add a
> new preference for contacts_page_sources (better name needed/welcome)?
>
> -chuck

That was going to be my suggestion, at the expense of creating yet another
preference.  I (and the whole of our beta test group) was thinking that the
Mail::Options:Address Books settings for auto expansion would also be
effective
in the contacts search screen.

What I'd actually suggest is that this be a turba option, that would
affect not
only the IMP contacts screen, but also the main turba search/browse
screen. The same sort of situation is going to exist there and people
are confused
about why, when they set the search order in the mail client, it keeps
defaulting to their My Addressbook, when they want our directory to be
first. And you can have contacts_pages_sources (or whatever it becomes)
default to all
sources, which should maintain the behavior that some people want.  But by
allowing it to be a preference, you can also achieve what everyone
we've tested
with expects as well.

KEvin

--