[imp] Re: No folders except INBOX and Virtual Foldersin sidebar/folder view

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Wed Mar 30 18:42:17 PST 2005

This message is in MIME format.

--=_3iz1knbxp20w

Quoting Eli <eli-list at experthost.com>:

> What IMAP daemon are you connecting to?

I don't understand what you want to know here. It's uw-imap 2001a-10,
running through xinetd on port 143.

> If you do a raw IMAP connection to your server & issue a LIST command, I'd
> like to know what you get back...
>
> $ telnet imapserver 143
> 0 login "username" "password"
> 0 list "" %
> 0 list "" *
>
> The output of those 2 list commands will a) show you the main folders in the
> parent only, and b) show you all folders.  If you see (\noinferiors)
> anywhere on a folder - is that one of the folders that doesn't appear in
> your listing with the patch enabled?

The listings with and without the patch are identical, as I would
expect; the patch is to horde, which wouldn't be used by the imap
server to retrieve the folder list. I've attached the output, but
removed a lot of stuff; there are a lot of files and directories in the
home directory. In imp/config/servers.php, $servers['imap']['folders']
= 'mail/', so those (I think) are the relevant listings. None of the
folders under "mail/" has a subfolder.

The other thing I don't understand is that, from the folder view,
clicking "Expand All" causes them all to appear.

> Also, in PHP what do you get if you run this very simple script:
>
> <?php print_r(LATT_NOINFERIORS); ?>
>
> It should print out "1" I believe.

It did.

Thanks for your help,