[imp] Re: No folders except INBOX and Virtual Foldersinsidebar/folder view

Eli eli-list at experthost.com
Wed Mar 30 20:08:16 PST 2005

> I don't understand what you want to know here. It's uw-imap
> 2001a-10, running through xinetd on port 143.

That's what I wanted :)  I was assuming that when you mentioned uw-imap,
that you were in fact mentioning what version of uw-imap you had compiled in
to PHP.

> The listings with and without the patch are identical, as I
> would expect; the patch is to horde, which wouldn't be used
> by the imap server to retrieve the folder list.

Yes - I'm the one who actually thought it to be a bug that Horde ignored the
NOINFERIORS setting of folders (which caused Horde to try and list for
subfolders when it never should, since NOINFERIORS means it cannot have
subfolders).  That's why I'm checking this out to see what's up 'cause the
patch fixes a problem I had, so I don't want to see the patch reverted :)
I'd rather see what's causing your problem and fix that too hopefully w/out
damaging the patch I need.

> None of the folders under "mail/" has a subfolder.

Yes, the "\NoInferiors" setting certainly indicates that to be the case...
So what folders did you *used* to see that you don't now?

> The other thing I don't understand is that, from the folder
> view, clicking "Expand All" causes them all to appear.

So everything you expect to see shows up fine in the Folder view?  It's just
the side bar that's missing folders eh?  Can you make us a screen shot of
this so we can see what you're seeing?

Thanks,

Eli.