[imp] Re: No folders except INBOX and Virtual Foldersinsidebar/folder view

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Wed Mar 30 20:53:29 PST 2005

Quoting Eli <eli-list at experthost.com>:

>> I don't understand what you want to know here. It's uw-imap
>> 2001a-10, running through xinetd on port 143.
>
> That's what I wanted :)  I was assuming that when you mentioned uw-imap,
> that you were in fact mentioning what version of uw-imap you had compiled in
> to PHP.
>
>> The listings with and without the patch are identical, as I
>> would expect; the patch is to horde, which wouldn't be used
>> by the imap server to retrieve the folder list.
>
> Yes - I'm the one who actually thought it to be a bug that Horde ignored the
> NOINFERIORS setting of folders (which caused Horde to try and list for
> subfolders when it never should, since NOINFERIORS means it cannot have
> subfolders).  That's why I'm checking this out to see what's up 'cause the
> patch fixes a problem I had, so I don't want to see the patch reverted :)
> I'd rather see what's causing your problem and fix that too hopefully w/out
> damaging the patch I need.
>
>> None of the folders under "mail/" has a subfolder.
>
> Yes, the "\NoInferiors" setting certainly indicates that to be the case...
> So what folders did you *used* to see that you don't now?
>
>> The other thing I don't understand is that, from the folder
>> view, clicking "Expand All" causes them all to appear.
>
> So everything you expect to see shows up fine in the Folder view?  It's just
> the side bar that's missing folders eh?  Can you make us a screen shot of
> this so we can see what you're seeing?

Please see:
http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=1620
for a proposed fix.  Long story short - UW-IMAP will of course have
it's INBOX flagged as \NoInferiors in a default mailbox setup since the
INBOX normally lives in a totally different directory (i.e.
/var/spool/mail vs. ~mail) from the user mailboxes.  So we can't use
NOINFERIORS as a check.  Instead, just catch the case when we are
trying to add 'INBOX' at a level other than the base level and skip
this case if it occurs.

michael