[imp] Re: Charset problems

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Sat Apr 9 02:57:39 PDT 2005

And there are people on this list telling me _I_ would get pissy
sometimes...... They should rethink perhaps....

Well...
Back to the problem:
What you would need is that IMP has a fallback charset if none is given.
But how should IMP know which one?
If it assumes iso-8859-1 and the mail is sent iso-8859-7 (greek) or even utf-8
you will have garbage again. So you cannot work around this bug in the
sender's mail client. If you can think of a fool proof solution without
getting the sender to use a bug free mail client, then feel free to send a
patch or at least a very detailled description of how you think this should
work.

Daniel