[imp] Re: Charset problems

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Apr 10 01:49:15 PDT 2005

Zitat von Joaquim Machado <joaquim.machado at ine.pt>:

> What puzzles me, is that in the same system (same httpd; php; etc.)
> with prior
> versions of Horde/Imp, I don't have that problem. I only got this
> problem with
> the new versions of Horde/Imp.

I explained this several times already on the mailing list, please
search the archives.

> I tried several things with no sucess so far.
> Compile PHP "--with-iconv --enable-mbstring --with-mbstring=all \";
> Set "$nls['defaults']['charset'] = 'ISO-8859-1';" in nls.php in Horde config
> prefs.php:    'enum' => array_merge(array('' => 'Western
> (ISO-8859-1)') in Imp
> config;
> etc, etc.
>
> So any sugestions?

Send a patch that adds a user preference for a default charset to use
if none is specified in the message. This might not fix the Yahoo issue
because they don't send no charset, but, even worse, a wrong one IIRC.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/