[imp] Request for contribution: What is IMP?

Jigish Gohil jigish.gohil at gmail.com
Tue May 3 03:18:01 PDT 2005

Here's my version.

IMP or Internet Messaging Programe is a Horde Application Framework
frontend for Mail servers. IMP can act as a frontend to may different
kinds of mail servers working on POP3, POP3s, IMAP or IMAPs. It works
seamlessly with Dovecot, Cyrus, Courier or even M$ Exchange.

Features are as below

1. Supports all mail protocols like pop3, pop3s, imap and imaps
2. Built in blacklist/whitelist feature
3. With addon packages like wvHTML, attachments can be viewed even
without applications they were written for.
4. It tightly integrates with other Horde packages to provide complete
communication package. With features like calander, addressbook and
task manager which needs messaging facility, IMP is indespensible.
5. All the usual features like HTML composition, attachments, filters
(with INGO) are readily available.

I am sure more list members would add to this.

Jigish