[imp] Courier IMAP / quota

cyko@cykotix.com cyko at cykotix.com
Wed May 4 09:07:54 PDT 2005

Quoting Toby Heywood <th at tobyheywood.co.uk>:

> | In addition to that, I tried changing the line of code in
> | imp/lib/Quota/courier.php that previous postings have suggested (see:
> | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=imp&m=110882987624668&w=2).  That
> said, I do
> | get a quota bar at the top of my Inbox but it says "Unable to retrieve
> | quota". Any other tricks I could try?
> |

> I use both courier and IMP and I do not have any problems with quotas.
> To get you look in the right direction;
>
> Have you enabled quota support for the given maildir?  Look at the
> documentation for courier specifically maildirmake
>
> http://www.courier-mta.org/
>
> Hope the above helps.

Quoting Toby Heywood <th at tobyheywood.co.uk>:

> | In addition to that, I tried changing the line of code in
> | imp/lib/Quota/courier.php that previous postings have suggested (see:
> | http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=imp&m=110882987624668&w=2).  That
> said, I do
> | get a quota bar at the top of my Inbox but it says "Unable to retrieve
> | quota". Any other tricks I could try?
> |

> I use both courier and IMP and I do not have any problems with quotas.
> To get you look in the right direction;
>
> Have you enabled quota support for the given maildir?  Look at the
> documentation for courier specifically maildirmake
>
> http://www.courier-mta.org/
>
> Hope the above helps.

Yes, I have read through all that.  My setup is somewhat different
though.  I'm
using exim with courier-imap.  In addition, I'm doing everything entirely
through mysql (ie, logins, passwords, maildir locations, etc).  Since I have
courier-imap compiled with mysql support, a file called 'authmysqlrc' is
installed along with the 'authdaemonrc' file.  In 'authmysqlrc' is where you
tell courier-imap what fields you're using to do the specific sql
lookups. Among that list is a MYSQL_QUOTA_FIELD.  Mail is bounced
appropriately when the
quota is reached.  I assume the courier driver is expecting a 'maildirquota'
file within the ./Maildir.

Does the courier quota driver support this type of setup at all or is futher
explanation needed?

Patrick