[imp] authenticated smtp

Jason Keltz jas at cs.yorku.ca
Wed May 18 07:12:09 PDT 2005

Thanks, Jan.

Unfortunately, the SSL-based authenticated smtp isn't working for me..

I tried the following..

In horde.php:

$conf['mailer']['params'] = array(
    /* The server to connect to. */
    'host' => 'ssl://our.mail.server',
    /* The port to connect to. DEFAULT: 25 */
    'port' => 25,
    /* The local hostname/domain. DEFAULT: localhost */
    'localhost' => 'localhost',
    /* Use SMTP authentication?  DEFAULT: No (false) */
    'auth' => true
);

I removed the "username" and "password" null definition from mailer
params because I figured horde would fill in the proper user/password.

When I try to send a message, I get:

Warning: fsockopen(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error
messages: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown
protocol in /cs/local/lib/php/Net/Socket.php on line 108

Warning: fsockopen(): php_stream_sock_ssl_activate_with_method: SSL
handshake/connection failed in /cs/local/lib/php/Net/Socket.php on line 108

Warning: fsockopen(): failed to activate SSL mode 1 in
/cs/local/lib/php/Net/Socket.php on line 108
Error

Any idea?

jas.