[imp] UNIX sockets / wrong sender address

rs-romeo@gmx.de rs-romeo at gmx.de
Wed May 18 01:40:53 PDT 2005

I set up Horde and IMP on my vServer hosted by Server4You. I am able to log into
Horde and IMP and I can access my mails lieing on the same machine through pop3
with a TCP connection.

Is there any way to connect through UNIX sockets instead of using a TCP
connection ?

Another problem is that I can't send mail through the specified POP server. It
seems that IMP doesn't use the right sender address. Due to the configuration
of the vServer I have to log in as user 'web3p1' to access my emails. So IMP
thinks my email address is: 'web3p1 at domain.tld' which is incorrect. To make
things clearer, here's my configuration of servers.php:

--- snip ---

$servers['pop_srv_1'] = array(
    'name' => 'Server #1 (web3p1)',
    'server' => 'pop.domain.tld',
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'protocol' => 'pop3',
    'port' => 110,
    'folders' => '',
    'namespace' => '',
    'maildomain' => 'domain.tld',
    'smtphost' => 'mail.domain.tld',
    'smtpport' => 25,
    'realm' => '',
    'preferred' => '',
    'dotfiles' => false,
    'hierarchies' => array()
);

--- snip ---

How can I address this issue ? Thanks in advance.