[imp] Using a different login to that of the IMAP username

Paul Morabito paul at paulmorabito.net
Mon May 23 08:19:10 PDT 2005

Hi,

Firstly, I'd like to say a big thankyou to the developers of both IMP and Horde.
IMP is by far the best open and free web mail client around and Horde appears to
be a fantastic framework.

I've successfully installed and configured Horde 3.0.4 and IMP H3 4.0.3 without
too much trouble. I'm currently using IMP and IMAP as the authentication
method. My question is this, as the username of my mail account is in the
format m123456789 I'd like to be able to log into horde/IMP as something like
"paulm" and then have it load my mail (using the m123456789 username).

I can create a horde user and change the horde authentication to SQL but what I
can't figure out is how or if it is possible to link that horde account to a
different IMAP email account. IMP seems intent on only using the horde user
name as the IMAP username. Is there something like the hordeauth setting (in
server.php) but on a user level that allows you to specify a whole different
username?

Thankyou,

Paul Morabito.