[imp] Virtual hosting and e-mail addresses

Michalis Konstantopoulos m_konstantopoulos at hotmail.com
Sun May 29 05:50:04 PDT 2005

Hi everyone,
I have the following problem: I have  virtual hosting installations
domain1.xxx and domain2.xxx.
I use debian with virtualmin for the administration and mailboxes for users
are created in the form "user1.domain1", "user2.domain1"
Users from domain1 login using http://mail.domain1.xxx (I use a $vdomain
server entry), where they type as username "user1.domain"

The problem is that when composing an e-mail message their address is formed
as user1.domain1 at domain1.xxx  (instead of user1 at domain1.xxx)

Any ideas how to :
1) login as "user1" instead of "user1.domain"
2) ideally login as "user1.domain" but once logged in or when composing
being just user  "user1" (keeping the user.domain combination for
authentication is actually consistent to their pop accounts)

Any help will be appreciated.
mpk.