[imp] imp-h3-4.0.3 questions

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon May 30 02:49:58 PDT 2005

Zitat von Oliver Kuhl <okuhl at netcologne.de>:

> Hi,
>
> Jan Schneider wrote:
>> Zitat von Jie Gao <J.Gao at isu.usyd.edu.au>:
>>

>>> - From time to time, when I get to the INBOX, the index list loses
>>> its format, in other words, the html "table" seems not to work at
>>> all; clicking on INBOX again often gets the table format back.
>>> Any idea why this is so?
>>
>> Because Gecko is broken.
>
> this is a big issue I think. I couldn't find the corresponding ticket on
> this at bugs.mozilla.org. Do you know the ticket number for this issue?
> Not easy to find out - "table layout" returned about 200 tickets. Maybe
> we can force this issue to be fixed soon.

And there are probably dozens referring to this issue. There are also
*several* bug reports on bugs.horde.org, and it has been discussed on
this list several times.

> The other point is, that IMP is the only application/website I know
> which in fact has this problem. The question is, if there is a
> workarround for this. Does anyone know exactly what makes Gecko
> corrupting the layout?

Slashdot is the most prominent site that suffers from this bug.
Searching for that should lead you to the relevant ticket on Bugzilla.

> The problem is, that if customers (or decision makers) see this error,
> they will normaly not know or (want to) understand that it's a browser
> issue.

Then tell them. This will be fixed in Firefox 1.1, and noone has come
up with a solution to workaround that bug in IMP yet.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/