[imp] Monthly maintenance logout problem

Aaron Paetznick aaronp at critd.com
Tue May 31 07:25:22 PDT 2005

This is an email I sent back on May 2nd.  I'm still having this issue,
and was wondering if anybody else was experiencing a similar problem.
It only happens when their monthly maintenance screen is triggered.  It
happens for both IMP v3.2.8 and for IMP v4.0.3.

--Aaron

I recently upgraded Horde from v2.2.5 to v2.2.8, and IMP from v3.2.7 to
v3.2.8.  Since completing this upgrade, my users have been getting
kicked out of IMP after skipping their monthly maintenance screens.
They just get redirected back to the login screen.  I have temporarily
"fixed" (i.e. delayed) this problem with the following SQL:

   DELETE FROM horde_prefs WHERE pref_name="last_login" OR pref_name
LIKE "%trash%";

...I found that this works after some trial and error.  I was wondering
if anybody else has had a similar experience?  Is there some kind of
"gotcha" I might have missed when I did the upgrade?

Also, I should mention that at the same time I upgraded Horde/IMP, I
also upgraded Apache from v2.0.53 to v2.0.54, PHP from v4.3.10 to
v4.3.11, and MySQL from v4.0.24 to v4.1.11.

Any news about upgraded IMP installs running v3.2.8, either positive or
negative, would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.

--Aaron