[imp] Appledouble MIME attachments not parsing properly

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon May 30 17:53:31 PDT 2005

Quoting Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

> User A, using IMP 4.0.3, sends to User B a message with an attachment.  The
> attachment is MIME-encoded, as described in my original post:

Well, for whatever reason (user is pulling your leg and really using
another client, etc.), this is the problem. IMP does _not_ generate
appledouble, which means the only possible scenario here is that the
user's browser, when uploading the .doc file, is telling us that it's
content-type is "multipart/appledouble". It's possible that we should
catch that case, but really this is a badly broken browser
configuration. I can't think of anything else that'd cause this.

Also, I tested with both Safari and Firefox on my iBook and every time
I attach a .doc it's attached as application/msword.

> So I have no idea how initiating the sending of the message with the
> attachment versus replying to my request to send me a copy results in
> different MIME encoding, when the attachment comes from the same
> user, same browser, same attachment...

Neither do I, but there it is. Somewhere.

-chuck

Quincy Adams