[imp] postgresql session handler and imp

alex@milivojevic.org alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Jun 1 13:34:53 PDT 2005

I've run into a problem when attempting to configure Horde to use IMP for
authentication and PostgreSQL session handler.

Basically, if I leave default Authentication in Horde setup (assume user
Administrator), PostgreSQL session handler works fine.  IMP also works, and
authenticates users correctly.

If I leave default session handler (standard PHP sessions) and configure Horde
to use IMP for authentication, everything works fine too.

If I combine the two (IMP for authentication, PostgreSQL session handler), I get
into authentication loop.  When I enter username and password on login screen,
Horde logs that authentication was successfull in log file, and presents me
again with login screen (and than it goes into infinite loop).

If I connect to the PostgreSQL database using psql command and execute "select *
from horde_sessionhandler;", it shows that new row is added to the table on each
login attempt.  Here's one of the rows, as far as I can see nothing looks wrong
with it (session_id | session_lastmodified | session_data):

306624f6b8a523fda043762c42acaf06 | 1117656886 |
hordeMessageStacks|a:2:{s:10:"javascript";a:0:{}s:6:"status";a:0:{}}horde_language|s:5:"en_US";

I'm not sure if this is problem with IMP or Horde mishandling the sessions when
PostgreSQL session handler and IMP authentication are used together.