[imp] IMP - Two wishes

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Wed Jun 1 14:34:19 PDT 2005

>> - default filters - we'd like to be able to create a default filter
>>  or eventually have a default filter set up the first time user
>>  logs in at horde. Nowadays, what we do was to create the wanted
>>  sieve filter for some test account and to duplicate it in the user
>>  sieve directory (something like /usr/sieve/u/user) each time a
>>  new account is created. But it seems that ingo can't manage
>>  this filters.

http://wiki.horde.org/CustomizingPreferences#toc4 for a sample.  This gets you
part of the way - basically setup a rule, or set of rules, for a test
account. Copy the rule(s) from the database and put them in prefs.php
for ingo, or use
the example in the Wiki.

Next, you need to get ingo to push the rule(s) to your mail server.  With the
Sieve driver, it stores the rule configuration in your preference
backend, then
pushes the rule to your mail server when you activate the script.  You can
either have the user activate the rule (no guarantee that will happen), or you
could write a maintenance rule that runs on first login that would do the same
thing (my goal with http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=2001).  You cannot put a
Sieve rule on your mail server and expect Ingo to pick it up - the Ingo driver
is push only.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer