[imp] multipart/appledouble and jpeg attachments

Simon Detheridge simon at widgit.com
Wed Jun 8 08:24:06 PDT 2005

Hi,

Users on my horde installation are having trouble getting images from people
with macs...

Basically, what happens is that the attachment comes through as
multipart/appledouble and two messages are displayed underneath in the
attachment section.

The first says:
"This message contains a Macintosh file.
The Macintosh resource fork can be downloaded HERE.
The contents of the Macintosh file are below."

Clicking on 'HERE' downloads a file with the correct filename, but is way too
small and doesn't work.

Underneath, the following message is displayed:
"A large image named communicate by choice.jpg is attached to this message.
Click HERE to view a thumbnail of this image."

You can click 'HERE' to view the thumbnail. However, there is no option to view
the full-sized image. I've tried clicking on the 'zip' icon in the header for
the multipart/mimedouble section, but that just downloads the raw mime section
with base64 encoded attachments, as a text file.

How can I get hold of the full-sized image? It works if I ask people to zip
their images before sending them, but I'd prefer not to have to do this.

Thanks,
Simon

--
Simon Detheridge