[imp] Empty mail

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Wed Jun 8 10:19:36 PDT 2005

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at mail.curecanti.org>:

> Maybe you misunderstood me (or i didn't outline it clearly enough
> earlier).  c-client doesn't need to be re-written.  It is actively
> being updated and maintained by UW.  It is the *PHP* c-client module
> that needs to be updated to fully make use of the current UW c-client
> lib abilities.

i.e., a short wishlist:
1. a search function that takes advantage of a full IMAP4rev1 search
ability rather than the limited IMAP2 search ability the current
imap_search() supports
2. a way to determine the namespace of the current IMAP server.  since
the namespace config seems to be the single most common way a user can
screw up IMP configuration, determining the namespace automatically in
the code would help immensely (not to mention that most every other
mail-client determines this automatically).  I have considered
implementing a limited PHP-based IMAP client library for the sole
purpose of logging into the IMAP server to determine the namespace
paramter.

michael