[imp] Documentation for Virtual Trash folder?

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Sat Jun 11 14:54:16 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'd like to eventually use the Virtual Trash folder for exactly the reason it
was originally suggested as an enhancement - it doesn't require there to be any
extra space available if a user goes over quota for them to clear out messages.
 Using a Trash folder does, since many mail servers implement a copy to new
folder, then delete from old location mechanism.  Obviously this isn't possible
if you're over quota.

But I can't seem to get the Virtual Trash to work.  I enable it in my Options.
It shows up in my left sidebar under Virtual Folders.  It shows up in Folder
Navigator.  But clicking on it in either places shows nothing in it, even if I
delete a message.  The messages still show in my folders but they're greyed
out, like a normal IMAP message thats been tagged as Deleted.  Emptying Trash
does purge the messages.

What I would expect to happen (and maybe this requires an enhancement to the
Virtual Trash folder) would be to have messages that are deleted not show up by
default but only through the special lens of a Virtual Trash folder search
(that is what the Virtual Trash folder should be - essentially a search in all
folders for all items marked as deleted).  And that an Empty Trash would do a
purge of all items in all folders marked as deleted if using a Virtual Trash
folder.

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer