[imp] Sluggish horde/imp

Kevin Konowalec kevin at ualberta.net
Tue Jun 21 12:39:11 PDT 2005

I'm got an IBM 325E server running OpenBSD with the latest releases
of Horde and Imp.  Cyrus mailserver.  There's lots of memory and lots
of disk.  The mcrypt extension is enabled in php.ini and the garbage
collection is set to be 1/100 probability.  Right now we're in pre-
production mode and only have a handful of concurrent users but
things are incredibly sluggish.  I've tried moving sessions from an
external MySQL backend to local PHP default sessions with zero
effect.  Logging on initially takes upwards of 40 seconds to get to
my inbox.  Is there any place I should be looking for obvious
performance boosts?