[imp] hardening imp against spammers

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Jun 29 20:39:44 PDT 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Lord Apollyon wrote:

> Well, I know that sendmail has a configuration item for this.  Unless you're
> running some kind of mailing list, there's little good reason to allow more
> than 40 recipients in a given email transaction.

I knew sendmail had this feature, though I'm unsure if it's applied to a
locally invoked sendmail vs an SMTP session.  That was why I started out
trying to hack it into qmail.  I gave up when I couldn't get my hacked up
qmail/sendmail to link.  Doing it in IMP turned out to be much simpler and
has the advantage of being portable to any mailer system.