[imp] hardening imp against spammers

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Jun 30 04:48:25 PDT 2005

Quoting Jon Lewis <jlewis at lewis.org>:

> I knew sendmail had this feature, though I'm unsure if it's applied to a
> locally invoked sendmail vs an SMTP session.  That was why I started out
> trying to hack it into qmail.  I gave up when I couldn't get my hacked up
> qmail/sendmail to link.  Doing it in IMP turned out to be much simpler and
> has the advantage of being portable to any mailer system.

But IMP isn't a MTA.  If you need recipient count limitations, pick a MTA that
provides that feature.  If your MTA doesn't provide support for that, and the
feature is important enough to you, choose a MTA that does.

I guess I missed something in this thread - how is it that spammers are
getting
access to IMP in the first place?

Kevin

--