[imp] virtual users and their from addys...

Daniel Frazier dfrazier at glengroup.com
Thu Jun 30 11:49:22 PDT 2005

anyone?  I've been playing with various hooks for the last 3 days, but
the specifics of what variables I need to be modifying are eluding me...
I've gotten the from address to show as "virtuser%virtdomain@" by
unsetting the maildomain in imp/config/servers.php, but that's no good.
It needs to be "virtuser at virtdomain" so my users don't complain...  I'll
keep plugging away, but would really, really appreciate some guidance
from someone who knows what they're doing.

thanks in advance..

Daniel Frazier wrote:
> greetz all,
>
> I'm using horde-3.0.3, imp-h3-4.0.2 and turba-h3-2.0.2 on a qmail
> server which uses vpopmail for virtual domain management.  I have
> searched the FAQ and the mailing lists but haven't found a solution to
> my problem (although it has been asked before), and am finally
> resorting to asking for help.
>
> I've got an issue with the From addy that's used when a virtual user
> composes an email.  The addy is shown as virtuser%virtdomain at realdomain.
> Mail gets sent, but replying to that addy won't work.  I'm hoping
> there's a way to fix this so that I don't have to just tell the users
> to update their identity prior to sending any emails.  I'd like to
> have the from address automagically set to virtuser at virtdomain.
>
> Have I overlooked some functionality that's already there?  I
> looked at the virtual user hook, but that looks like it will set the
> from address to virtuser at realdomain, which isn't what I need.  Now, I'm
> not a PHP coder, so it's entirely possible I misinterpreted that code.
> If the code's already there can someone let me know what I need to
> enable to get the right address, otherwise would someone be so kind as
> to provide a patch or a snippit of code that I can manually add?
>
> Thanks...

Daniel Frazier  <daniel at glengroup.com>     Tel:  603-356-3030 Ext. 331
Systems Administrator
Glen Group                             WWW:  http://www.glengroup.com/

         - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.