[imp] virtual users and their from addys...

Daniel Frazier dfrazier at glengroup.com
Mon Jun 27 11:32:26 PDT 2005

greetz all,

I'm using horde-3.0.3, imp-h3-4.0.2 and turba-h3-2.0.2 on a qmail
server which uses vpopmail for virtual domain management.  I have
searched the FAQ and the mailing lists but haven't found a solution to
my problem (although it has been asked before), and am finally
resorting to asking for help.

I've got an issue with the From addy that's used when a virtual user
composes an email.  The addy is shown as virtuser%virtdomain at realdomain.
Mail gets sent, but replying to that addy won't work.  I'm hoping
there's a way to fix this so that I don't have to just tell the users
to update their identity prior to sending any emails.  I'd like to
have the from address automagically set to virtuser at virtdomain.

Have I overlooked some functionality that's already there?  I
looked at the virtual user hook, but that looks like it will set the
from address to virtuser at realdomain, which isn't what I need.  Now, I'm
not a PHP coder, so it's entirely possible I misinterpreted that code.
If the code's already there can someone let me know what I need to
enable to get the right address, otherwise would someone be so kind as
to provide a patch or a snippit of code that I can manually add?

Thanks...

Daniel Frazier  <daniel at glengroup.com>     Tel:  603-356-3030 Ext. 331
Systems Administrator
Glen Group                             WWW:  http://www.glengroup.com/

         - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.