[imp] Mail/RFC822 errors on Expand Names

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Tue Jul 5 09:43:23 PDT 2005

Hello,

I have been trying to track down the cause of PHP Notices and Warnings, when I
Expand Names in the IMP compose screen.  I'm only seeing it with the
FRAMEWORK_3 code (although thats currently a mix of official releases, plus a
few must-have merges so its entirely possible that its a problem with the
particular mix of code I'm running).  My HEAD install works just fine.

The problem is that MIME::encodeAddress returns an object (a PEAR error) in the
expandAddresses function in IMP.php.  This triggers Notices and Warnings from
Mail/RFC822 when validateMailboxes is called, because it expects a string.
Using the exact same string for expansion, "test_user", with HEAD returns a
string.

Now I've tried replacing what I thought was the relevant code in the code path
with HEAD code and its still occuring (that would be framework/MIME/MIME.php).
So I'm I could be missing something obvious, or its a problem with the merging
of my current codebase, or there's a bug in FRAMEWORK_3.

So the question is why does MIME::encodeAddress throw a Pear Error with
FRAMEWORK_3 but return a string with HEAD?

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator