[imp] country flags

Graeme Wood Graeme.Wood at ed.ac.uk
Fri Jul 8 02:34:59 PDT 2005

I have found that having the display of country flags in message headers can
cause a significant slowdown in message display. This happens if the reverse
lookup of the originating IP address fails.  In such messages you can be
waiting for up to a minute for the message to be display e.g. all Jan
Schneider's messages ;-)

Since the flags, while pretty, don't actually perform any function, I think it
should be possible to turn these off with a configuration setting.  The
attached patch should provide that for IMP 4.0.3.

It would also be useful, to me at least, if the IMAP server string intialisation
function in lib/IMP.php and lib/MIMP.php added a /user=<current username> string
to the server string. This would help those of us who use Kerberos/GSSAPI
authentication to our IMAP servers. I can make patches available, though it is
pretty obvious what is required here. It would mean one less thing that I have
to patch locally whenever I upgrade.

Cheers

Graeme Wood                               Email: Graeme.Wood at ed.ac.uk
Unix Systems Support                      Phone: +44 131 650 5003
The University of Edinburgh               Fax:   +44 131 650 6552