[imp] Fwd: Re: Other mail accounts

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jul 11 00:23:23 PDT 2005

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von pcha at uniting.com.au -----
     Datum: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 07:08:49 +1000
       Von: pcha at uniting.com.au
Antwort an: pcha at uniting.com.au
   Betreff: Re: [imp] Other mail accounts
        An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

Jan,

Thanks for this ...

> > So the point that I would like some clarification of is where I actually
> > define these "other" servers?  Can someone please advise?
>
> In your options.

There is no menu ANYWHERE on my system called "options" ... not in
horde or imp config, nor in imp when logged in as a user.  So I guess
the issue is what bit of configuration I have missed which is
preventing the options from appearing.  Can someone help me out?

> To use the accounts feature, you need an IMAP server, because only
> IMAP servers allow storing of messages (fetched from other accounts).

Well, I have a imap server, its just not mine :-)  It sounds to me, if
I want to store my mail locally, I will need to set up a local imap
server.  True?

But it does not (yet) explain why imp refuses to connect to pop3
servers which other client programs are happy to do ... if someone can
shed light on this, I'd be greatful.

Thanks in advance,

Paul Chandler
pdch at yvgs.vic.edu.au