[imp] [Horde 3] Bypass Horde Start Page

Marco Robertini marco.robertini at id.unibe.ch
Mon Jul 11 07:32:50 PDT 2005

Hello all,

On our system, we have installed Horde 3.0.4, Imp H3 4.0.3, Ingo H3
1.0.1 and Turba H3 2.0.2.

Now I have the following problem:

I do not want, that the users can access the functions of the Horde
framework itself. They are just allowed to use Imp, Ingo and Turba.
Therefore, I let Imp handle the authentication.

in ../horde/config/config.php:
$conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';

I also denied users the rights to view, read, change or delete
anything concerning Horde. (Horde > Administration > Rights).

Now, whenever a user logs in, he gets redirected to the Horde start
page, where he cannot do anything else but to click on the webmail icon.
Is there a possibility to avoid this and to log in directly to Imp
showing the inbox?

I know, that you can change the opening page by changing the
preferences on the Horde webpage. But as I stated above, the users do
not have the right to do so. Maybe there is a possibility to set this
option globally for all users?

Helpful hints and comments are very much appreciated!

Thanks a lot!
Marco