[imp] Sidebar & IMAP Folder Issues

Ryan Flannery ryan.flannery at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 08:41:11 PDT 2005

Hello,
I seem to be having a problem that's similar to one others have been
having on this list, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.
I've tried every suggestion but still no solution.

My problems are as follows:
   1) In IMP, I cannot browse/manage folders at all.  Specifically,
      When I click on the "Folders" icon, it just redirects back to
      the INBOX of my mail session.
   2) When I use IMP authentication, the sidebar goes away.  I've
      traced this to when the sidebar tries to view the block
      'imp-folders'.
   3) When I use IMAP folder subscriptions, IMP goes away entirely.
      Specifically, when I click on "Mail", I just get a blank
      screen in the main frame.

The second issue appears to be identical to the one listed here:
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20050620.181926.03897c4b.en.html
But the solution to that did not work for me.

I believe all three issues to be related, but i'm not positive.

Here's what I'm running:
   Horde-3.0.4
   IMP-h3-4.0.3
   Courier-IMAP 3.0.5

My /horde/imp/config/servers.php looks like the following:
      $servers['imap'] = array(
          'name' => 'IMAP Server',
          'server' => '127.0.0.1',
          'hordeauth' => false,
          'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
          'port' => 143,
          'folders' => '',
          'namespace' => '',
          'maildomain' => $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'],
          'smtphost' => '127.0.0.1',
          'smtpport' => 25,
          'realm' => '',
          'preferred' => '',
          'dotfiles' => false,
          'hierarchies' => array()
      );

I've also tried it with folders set to "INBOX.", per the suggestion.
I can login and view/send mail just fine, but no folder abilities.

I thought this might be a problem with Courier-IMAP, but Horde 2.x
and SquirrelMail are able to view/create/modify folders just fine,
as well as Thunderbird when I connect remotely.

Any suggestions?

Many Thanks,
Ryan Flannery