[imp] Sidebar & IMAP Folder Issues

Ryan Flannery ryan.flannery at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 12:27:45 PDT 2005

Still more info regarding the oddities I'm having....

So, when I login to IMP and click on the folders icon, it just
redirects me back to my inbox.  I started digging through
folders.php, and found the following sequence of events...

/horde/imp/folders.php errors on line 81, which is
   $imptree = &IMP_Tree::singleton();

Tracing through that function, I found that
/horde/imp/lib/IMAP/Tree.php errors on line 53, which is
   return IMAP_Tree::singleton('imp', 'IMP_Tree', true);

Tracing through that function, I found that
/horde/lib/Horde/IMAP/Tree.php errors on line 300, which is
   $instance[$app] = &new $classname($init, $cachename);

   (where $app='imp', $classname='IMP_Tree',
    $init=IMAPTREE_INIT_SUB and $cachename='imaptree')

Tracing through the init function for IMP_Tree, i found
/horde/imp/lib/IMAP/Tree.php errors on line 91, which is
   parent::init($init)

   (where $init=$this->_initmask)

Tracing back the previous file, I found that in
/horde/lib/Horde/IMAP/Tree.php the function "init" begins on
line 490.  I throw some output statements throughout the
function and find that the line

   $boxes = $this->_init();

only returns my INBOX...none of the other folders are listed.
Even more odd...I can then click on the Folders icon in IMP and
see the folder view...but no folders are listed.  not even
INBOX.

anyone have any idea what's going on?
I'm getting more coffee...

-Ryan