[imp] expanding imp folder maintenance functions

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jul 25 07:39:00 PDT 2005

Zitat von brook davis <brook at linuxbox.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm going to be working on adding some user defined cron/login
> maintenance tasks for user defined folders.  I'd like users to be able
> to automatically delete messages in mailing list folders that are aged
> over a selectable interval ( 1 week, 1 month, etc..).  This funtionality
> will be defined on a per folder basis.  As far as I know, this
> functionality only exists for the INBOX at present.  Ideally, I'd like
> the users to not have to login for these actions to take effect, though
> login triggering would be a good start.

If you are going to use the maintenance API, which I strongly suggest,
you *have* to be logged in for the maintenance tasks to run. But you
could create an external script, run as a crontab, that logs in as the
users and executes the tasks. This could be general enough to be used
for all maintenance tasks.

> Is anyone working on this at present ?  I've been looking into using
> hooks and expanding the current login maintenance functions.  Any
> suggestions/hints/ideas/code would be much appreciated.  I'm just
> getting my feet wet in the code base for Horde/IMP.

No reason for hooks. Just create new maintenance tasks in
imp/lib/Maintenance/Task/ or extend the existing ones where appropriate.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/