[imp] expanding imp folder maintenance functions

brook davis brook at linuxbox.com
Mon Jul 25 06:56:11 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm going to be working on adding some user defined cron/login
maintenance tasks for user defined folders.  I'd like users to be able
to automatically delete messages in mailing list folders that are aged
over a selectable interval ( 1 week, 1 month, etc..).  This funtionality
will be defined on a per folder basis.  As far as I know, this
functionality only exists for the INBOX at present.  Ideally, I'd like
the users to not have to login for these actions to take effect, though
login triggering would be a good start.

Is anyone working on this at present ?  I've been looking into using
hooks and expanding the current login maintenance functions.  Any
suggestions/hints/ideas/code would be much appreciated.  I'm just
getting my feet wet in the code base for Horde/IMP.

All the best,

Brook Davis