[imp] Upgrading blues

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Wed Aug 3 04:06:00 PDT 2005

Quoting Roger Thomas <sniper at home.net.my>:

> I am running
> Horde: 2.2.1
> IMP: 3.2
> Vacation: 2.2
> Turba: 1.2
> Kronolith: 1.1
> Mnemo: 1.1
>
> with openldap 2.0.25 backend.
>
> All these have been serving my community for quite a while now. No
> complaints. Thanks to the Horde Team. But I am very tempted to
> upgrade everything to the H3 suite.
>
> I am thinking of creating something like mail2.example.com and let
> the community have a go at it and report back anything weird; if any.
>
> However, my *biggest concern* is on the horde.schema file. do I just
> replace the old schema with a the new version that comes with H3?
>
> What about mySQL tables? For example Turba address book.
>
> I would appreciate if someone that have done this before can provide
> some guidance plus other gotchas that I should be aware of. Please
> advise. TIA.

I have not done it that way and in your case, would probably just
install the new Horde and family in parallel, even if it is on the same
server, and once you have it installed and working, import your user
information and make the switch.

One other observation, I have used openldap since 1. something but
2.0.25 is ancient, by todays standards and there have been schema and
acl modifications, so I would recommend upgrading to 2.3.x at the same
time to solve any acl or schema problems once and for all and test it
all together before putting it into production.  Good luck,

ed