[imp] Fwd: Re: hook for virtual user's from address

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Aug 3 06:13:46 PDT 2005

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von fastfoo at fastmail.fm -----
     Datum: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 14:50:06 +0200
       Von: Dale Gallagher <fastfoo at fastmail.fm>
Antwort an: Dale Gallagher <fastfoo at fastmail.fm>
   Betreff: Re: [imp] hook for virtual user's from address
        An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>

Hi Jan

>> What I've tried:
>>
>> In horde/config/hooks.php:
>>
>> if (!function_exists('_prefs_hook_from_addr')) {
>>  function _prefs_hook_from_addr($user = null) {
>>    if (is_null($user)) {
>>      $user = Auth::getAuth();
>>    }
>>    return str_replace('%', '@', $user);
>>  }
>> }
>>
>> In horde/config/prefs.php:
>>
>> $_prefs['from_addr'] = array(
>>  'value' => '',
>>  'locked' => true,
>>  'shared' => true,
>>  'type' => 'text',
>>  'hook' => true,
>>  'desc' =>  _("Your From: address:")
>> );
>

> This should work. But only for fresh users that didn't login before.

I've spent more time tring to solve this one, without any luck. Do you
have any further suggestions? Are there any other configuration items I
should be aware of? I've browsed through the code and the above appears
to be the solution, but nothing is working - even if I create new users
from scratch. How is the "fresh users that didn't login before"
controlled by IMP?

Thanks
Dale

Jan.