[imp] account separation problem

Zoltan Arpadffy zoli at polarhome.com
Fri Aug 5 06:25:23 PDT 2005

hi,

I have some problem with authenticated users account separation in horde
when imp is used for authentication.

imagine a scenario:

   web_server

host1     host2

Users may have accounts on one or both hosts. It means  that
username1 at host1 is not necessarily same user that owns username1 at host2

I have the following configuration

Horde: 3.0.4
Imp: H3 (4.0.3)
Ingo: H3 (1.0.1)
Kronolith: H3 (2.0.3)
Mnemo: H3 (2.0.1)
Nag: H3 (2.0.2)
Turba: H3 (2.0.3)

IMP is used with username and password authentication against predefined
imps servers that run on both hosts.

Horde setup is:
Let Horde appliaction handle authentication
Chosen application is: imp

imp setup is:
list servers from config/servers.php and host1 and host2 are listed as
imaps servers like:

$servers['host1'] = array(
     'name' => 'host1',
     'server' => 'host1',
     'hordeauth' => false,
     'protocol' => 'imap/ssl/notls/novalidate-cert',
     'port' => 993,
     'folders' => 'mail/',
     'namespace' => '',
     'maildomain' => 'host1',
     'smtphost' => 'mailhost',
     'smtpport' => 25,
     'realm' => '',
     'preferred' => '',
     'dotfiles' => false,
     'hierarchies' => array()
);

It does very well the mail part.
But other horde applications assume that username1 is the same user
on all hosts and different users share memos, calendar, they have even
same rights etc.

I would expect, if an user log in to horde application as user1 and
authenticates with IMAPS against host1 that his personal settings should
not be mixed with user that owns same username on an another host.

I did check all Horde and IMP paramaters, unfortunatelly, could not find
any option that would solve this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,