[imp] unusual $_prefs['add_source'] behavior w/o prefs backend.

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Aug 8 08:25:10 PDT 2005

> Quoting "Edwin L. Culp" <eculp at encontacto.net>:
>
>> I have a new installation (this morning's cvs) with no prefs backend
>> and am configuring as many default prefs as possible before setting it
>> up.  Everything was working as expected until I chose a default address
>> book for adding contacts.
>>
>> $_prefs['add_source'] = array(
>>    'value' => 'personal',
>>    'locked' => false,
>>    'shared' => true,
>>    'type' => 'implicit'
>> );
>>
>> It was stubbornly tried to add them to the users dn that I have named
>> Corporate address book.  I could not get it to work and could not
>> figure out why it was choosing to not use personal.  While going
>> through sources.php, I realized that the Corporate configuration was
>> before the personal one and decided to switch them and much to my
>> surprise and with no other changes it works an utilizes the correct
>> ldap structure.
>>
>> It would appear that the 'value' => 'personal' is being substituted by
>> the first configuration in sources.php.  This is the first time I've
>> seen this because I have never configured without a prefs backend.
>
> If this is still reproducible please file a bug report.

I just started to check.  I hadn't tried since sending the email.  I
seem to have gone from bad to worse.  Now I get "Error retrieving
free/busy information for eculp at unixmania.com: Not found"  Although the
url works as expected.  Now I have to figure out why it quite working
with prefs before I can check without.  This is head from this morning.
  FreeBusy has always been a bit elusive for me.

Let you know as soon as I can get it working again,

ed