[imp] Items Won't Save to Sent Mailbox

Brandon W. Uhlman brandon.uhlman at ssrlibrary.ca
Sun Aug 14 19:35:06 PDT 2005

Hi, all.

Today after updating my CVS install of Horde, I found that no users are
able to save mail to their sent-items folders. They get this message

The folder "sent-mail" was not created. This is what the server said:
Permission denied"

whenever they send a message, despite the fact the mailbox already exists.

So far, I've discovered and tried the following:

- apparently in the last week or so, changes have been made with
respect to hierarchies and the like, so I wiped out my imp install
completely and reconfigured it without these entries (probably cleaned
out some other cruft too)
- updated the Horde framework just in case it was a file or library
somewhere in there that affected the hierarchy and namespace autosensing
- attempted to set the users' sent-item box to some other folder in IMP
=> Options => Personal Options. Same message as when you try to send a
message, with the appropriate folder name of course.

What *did* work is if you enable per-message selection of sent-mail
folders (Administration => IMP => User Capabilities and Constraints),
and then choose any folder. In this case, a copy of the message being
sent will save.

Is this list being generated in some sort of different magical way then
the one used when selecting your sent items folder, or is the selection
being parsed and processed differently? I took a look at the code for a
bit, but my brain started to overheat and I couldn't come up with
anything, except this line

// sent mail folder selection widget. includes some javascript, so it's
// specific to IMP.
$_prefs['sentmailselect'] = array('type' => 'special');

in ~/imp/config/prefs.php. And I still don't know what's so 'special'. :-p

Thanks, guys. The whole Horde project, especially IMP, is awesome, even
when I break it. ;-)

Best,

Brandon

Brandon W. Uhlman, Systems Administrator
South Shore Regional Library
Bridgewater, Nova Scotia

Phone: (902) 543-2548