[imp] Problem with SSL and compose

Kevin Konowalec kevin at ualberta.net
Fri Aug 19 12:17:00 PDT 2005

Well we're running 75,000 users here so I can't afford to be wasting
too much time... especially when I get 60-100 irate emails from users
a day.  I guess the main source of frustration is the lack of
compiled documentation.  Sure you can say "go look in the newsgroups"
but if you don't know what you're looking for that's not really helpful.

In this case it's not a Horde problem - it turns out (assuming nobody
calls in the next few minutes to tell me it ISN'T fixed)  that the
problem is indeed with (surprise surprise) MICROSOFT.  It's, I'm
told, a bug in the way IE handles SSL.  To fix it I added the
following to my httpd.conf file...

In the VirtualHost section for port 443:

SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
         nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
         downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP

(note all that's changed here is we're not allowing Export56..)

SEEMS to be working now... Fingers crossed.