[imp] imp search issue

Kevin Konowalec kevin at ualberta.net
Thu Sep 1 12:09:36 PDT 2005

The search functionality in imp is great - it allows for very
detailed searches and works very reliably.  However... the UI seems
to be very confusing for users.  Is there any chance that the textbox
that pops up once you select the first field to search on be on the
screen by default?  The lack of a box to type in seems to cause
people a lot of anguish - and we ALL know that people refuse to spend
more than a second or two figuring out how to use an interface and
anything that is confusing or counterintuitive is immediately
attacked as "crap".

I think if a field was chosen by default and the text box available
immediately this would go a long way to calming people down.