[imp] imp search issue

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Sep 1 13:01:03 PDT 2005

Quoting Kevin Konowalec <kevin at ualberta.net>:
> I think if a field was chosen by default and the text box available
> immediately this would go a long way to calming people down.

I'd concur to some degree.  The search interface in IMP 4, while more flexible
and powerful, also requires the user to make an initial choice, as you
note. The search interface in IMP 3, while static, was perhaps more
intuitive to
end-users.  One district we serve noted that while everything else in Horde 3
was a big step forward, the search interface in IMP 4 may have been a step
back.

Statistically, I wonder what the most common type of search is, for
email? Whatever it is, default to that, with the option to add or
change the initial
search.

Kevin

--