[imp] Encryption within Horde 3/IMP fails

Johnny Gonzalez johnnygonzalezl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 08:09:06 PDT 2005

Hello Everybody,

I have a problem to send encrypted emails.

AFAIK, if I want to send an encrypted email message, I have to import the
recipient's public key (certificate), but when I try to do so I get this
error message: "Not
a valid public key.". I tryed to do it in the two diferent ways we
have:
1. Inserting the certificate text (in base 64 encoding) in the
respective box
2. Uploading the certificate file, for example johnny.crt
None of them worked :-(, I get the same message.

I configured my ca root certificate before trying to import the
certificates.

I have this in my SMIME options window (screenshot stored in another
website):
http://www.geocities.com/johnnygonzalezl/images/ScreenshotHordeIMPSMIME.png

So I was able to import my certificate using my p12 file, I'm trying to add
public keys within this window, is there any other way to import
certificates from my contacts?

Thanks a lot for any help,
Johnny
PD: I'm attaching the certificate I'm trying to import. For the testing
purposes I'm using another certificate I have with another email address.