[imp] Sidebar & IMAP Folder Issues

Qweb - Yavuz Aydin yavuz at qweb.nl
Fri Sep 23 07:28:46 PDT 2005

Dear all,

This is a respond to the following thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.www.horde-imp/browse_frm/thread/5a5b96ec9aebc64

I have almost the same issues except that I don't get an error when moving a
message from one folder to another, it just gets moved. So yes, I can see my
folders in the dropdownbox in IMP, the problem is that /horde/imp/folders.php
is empty (connection is broken down too soon, no error, error_reporting is on).
And the sidebar is also empty.

I can tell a couple of things extra:
- This happened on 2 servers of mine, both were upgraded from Debian Woody to
Debian Sarge
- I can fix this by removing my /etc/c-client.cf. The problem is, if i remove
it, I cannot access any imap folders except my INBOX. My c-client.cf has the
following lines:
I accept the risk
set black-box-directory /local/mail/imap
set new-folder-format mbx
set empty-folder-format mbx
set disable-plaintext 0

The same c-client.cf does work with horde/imp on Debian Woody, so it has got to
do something with libc-client I think. Woody comes with libc-client2001, and
Sarge comes with libc-client2002e. My PHP is installed from dotdeb.org, and
imap has been compiled as:
'--with-imap=shared,/usr' '--with-imap-ssl'
IMAP c-Client Version 	2001
SSL Support 	enabled
Kerberos Support 	enabled

So it seems it has been compiled on a server where another version of c-client
was installed.

Hope this helps, and there will be a fix soon.

--
Best regards,

Yavuz Aydin
Qweb Internet Services