[imp] heavy bug when deleting attachments

Volker Then vt at volkerthen.com
Wed Oct 19 02:35:20 PDT 2005

Hi developers,

there seems to be a heavy bug in IMP (cvs-HEAD). First I thought I did
something wrong, but now it happenend twice:

I deleted some attachments in one of the mails inside of INBOX. It
worked fine with two of the three attachments. Before trying to delete
the last attachment I decided to delete the entire mail, because there
wasn't much relevant information left. But after that my entire Inbox
was _empty_! All mails were gone. I tried to find them somewhere else,
but I could only find the mail above inside the Trash folder.

I checked my Maildir manually, but the mails aren't there - sent to
oblivion. What a luck that there had been only 7 E-Mails inside of my
inbox.

I'm using IMAP and dovecot on a Debian-Sarge machine.

My workaround is to remove icon for deleting attachments in imp's preferences.

Should this whole thing be delivered to bugs.horde.org?

Bye

Volker