[imp] using hook to generate email address from uid in LDAP nis schema?

Shane Williams broot at ischool.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 20 11:50:01 PDT 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Kevin M. Myer wrote:

> Quoting Alain Fauconnet <alain at ait.ac.th>:
>

> > If I configure ./turba/sources.php with:
> >
> > $cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
> >    'map' => array(
> >        '__key' => 'dn',
> >        '__uid' => 'uid',
> >        'name' => 'cn',
> >        'email' => 'uid',
>
> Typically, this would be mapped to something like:
>
>           'email' => 'mail',
>
> not uid (unless your uids are fully qualified email addresses).

The problem is that there is no mail attribute in the NIS schema to
map to.  What's needed is a way to add the domain to the uid, which
would make it into a "real" email address.  Unfortunately, I'm in the
same boat as Alain, so I don't have an answer.

http://pgp.mit.edu/                |      System Admin - UT iSchool
All syllogisms contain three lines |       broot at ischool.utexas.edu
Therefore this is not a syllogism  | www.ischool.utexas.edu/~shanew