[imp] Need to supress the browser IP address in theoutgoing mail headers.

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Mon Oct 24 08:16:10 PDT 2005

Quoting Drew Weaver <drew.weaver at thenap.com>:

> 	215.193.245.210 (Horde MIME library) with HTTP; Mon, 24 Oct 2005
> 09:51:11
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^
>
> That is what I need to get rid of, the IP of the browser PC (internet
> explorer) from the header.

It's been discussed many times before and I don't believe there is a
currently a configuration option to change it.  It's added by the
addReceivedHeader function in the Horde MIME library
(MIME/Headers.php).  If you want to get rid of it from emails sent from
IMP, comment out the addReceivedHeader call in the compose.php screen.
There are likely other cases where it would be added (itip attachments,
for instance).

Keep in mind that adding this header is normal mail client and MTA
behaviour, which is why it exists in the Horde MIME library.  Send
email from any client and you'll see that header is present.  It can be
filtered out at the MTA level, which would be the proper place to do
it, if you're concerned about any mail client on your network leaking
this information.

Kevin
--
Kevin M. Myer